Utiligize is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to solve one of the most difficult problems in decarbonization: building out power system infrastructure to support huge increases in electricity demand and production.
Our SaaS solution, Asset Life, is the only data-driven asset management solution that incorporates EV ownership, battery, wind and solar forecasts into lifetime models for every asset a utility owns, making the green transition more affordable and sustainable, based on applied cutting-edge research.
Asset Life is a highly innovative software solution that reveals where bottlenecks and blackouts will occur, through precise simulations of future scenarios covering all components of the grid. The end result is investment and maintenance plans that enable a faster and cheaper green transition for utilities and society.
You will join a high performing team where you will take on development of data pipelines, ETL/ELT processes, setting up task runners, optimizing queries and choosing the right infrastructure to support simulations based on petabytes of data. You will have significant independance in choice of infrastructure, cloud or self hosted, and a large part of the job will be experimenting with new technologies as we solve problems that haven't been solved before.
- 3+ years in data engineering working with data at scale and installing and configuring systems from the ground up
- Fluent in Python, SQL and bash
- Experience with task runner and job scheduling software like Airflow or Luigi
- Experience with Apache Spark, Google Bigquery, Clickhouse, or other columnar or distributed database technologies
- Experience working with spatial or topological data and time series data is desirable, but not mandatory
- Perhaps you have a formal IT education, but teamwork ability and technical chops are more important
- You hold an EU working permit
- A competitive compensation plan with equity
- Attractive and flexible work conditions with high impact in an innovative company
- Part of a fast moving engineering team with a mix of IT specialists and power system engineers
The growing technical team
Following a recent investment, we are growing our development team as fast as we can to implement our solution at dozens of new customers and add new features as necessary. We're still fresh as a team, and while we really dig stuff like ACID, third normal form, IaC, and good developer tooling, you will have a lot of influence on our company culture.
Our headquarters are in the center of Copenhagen, and we work online with our developer colleagues and contractors across the world.
We are scheduling interviews with promising candidates as we receive them, so send your application as soon as possible - and no later than 22nd of January 2023 - to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to CTO Emil Larsen at email@example.com / phone +45 3127 0078.